E-mail MeSuzanne Montero
M. Suzanne Montero graduated from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas in 1985 earning a B.A. degree in Psychology. She attended law school at the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Louisiana where she received her J.D. Degree in December, 1991. She was admitted to the Louisiana State Bar in April 1992. She is admitted to practice in all State Courts in Louisiana, the United Stated District Courts for the Eastern, Western and Middle Districts of Louisiana, and the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Ms. Montero is also a member of and admitted to practice before the Chitimacha Tribal Court.
Ms. Montero’s practice includes personal injury, commercial litigation, employment litigation, medical malpractice, toxic tort and products liability.
Ms. Montero has been an adjunct faculty member of Tulane University School of Law, Trial Advocacy Program from 1995 to date. She received the AIDSLaw of Louisiana, Inc. Pro Bono Publico Award in 2000.
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Louisiana, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 1992
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 1992
- Louisiana State University Law Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1991
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1985
- Major: Psychology
Past Employment Positions
- Sessions & Fishman, Associate, 1992 - 1994
- Martzell & Bickford, 1994 - 2002
Pro Bono Activities
- New Orleans Pro Bono Project, 1992 - 1995